Monday, September 13, 2010

...and we're back! Kind of...

Ezra and I finally returned from our 5 week stay in Utah. We had a great time, but were so glad to get back to Bob. We have a ton to post about, but since I am stuck in Holyoke with Bob it may have to wait a bit longer. I just wanted to post a little update on Ezra for record keeping sake.


Ezra LOVES letters. He points them out everywhere. He recognizes every letter of the alphabet and is more than happy to tell you all of them. He can kind of sing the ABC's all on his own. I think a lot of people are really surprised that he knows ALL the letters, but he just really likes that kind of thing, so we have spent a lot of time learning them.He is not as good with his numbers. I think he only recognizes 3,5,8, and 9. But he can count from 1 to 10, although usually just 3-9. He also knows most shapes (circle, square, triangle, star, moon, oval, diamond, rectangle) and colors (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, brown, black, purple and white). It has been really funny to see people when they realize he knows all of those things because they start to quiz him on everything. He doesn't mind one bit though.

Ezra also loves to sing. He can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Ring Around the Rosies", "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" and "The Wheels on the Bus" all by himself. He also really enjoys singing "I Love to See the Temple", "Popcorn Popping", and "I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home". I know there are others that I', not thinking of but I think you get the point. One night he was awake in the middle of the night and I was laying by him to get him back to sleep (we are in Holyoke, so he doesn't have a crib, just a mattress on the floor) and he randomly started singing "I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas". I couldn't help but laugh. He is such a funny boy. I will definitely get some video of him singing and put up soon.

Ezra is loving cars, trucks, and especially planes and trains. He really enjoyed having some cousins to play them with. He also loves to read books, and be read to. His recent favorites have been "Go Dog Go" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". I love it when he reads them to himself.

He has a ton of new words, so I won't even attempt to write them. Although one that he learned in Utah that I wasn't so excited about was "candy". he learned the word and the sign. He has started to put words together too. It is nice that he is getting better at expressing his needs. I'm glad he can sign too because some times I'm not understanding what he is saying so he will sign it. SO HELPFUL! Anyways, I wish you could all just spend some time with Ezra to see how well he is doing, but this will have to do for now.

3 comments:

Steve and Sherrie said...

That is very impressive and a great tribute to his wonderful parents!

Charmayne said...

Sounds like he is well rounded~smart and funny!

Anne said...

Ezra is pretty much amazing. Parker still gets confused on some of her letters!