Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I hope the delivery doesn't give us this much trouble!

Well, our excitement continues. EmmaLee thinks it's a little out of control (she is the one who bought the crib). We ordered it online and used our tax rebate to finance it. Thanks Uncle Sam. We ordered it from Wal*Mart and they delivered it to our nearest location for free. That's where things got hairy....
Although they emailed us all the information about the delivery, including the dimensions of the box, we weren't exactly prepared. The box was too big for the back seat! We then tried folding the seat down and using the trunk - no luck. I then had the pleasure of removing each piece and loading them individually into the car - all in the parking lot. The longest pieces barely fit in the back seat. Good thing I'm so good at tetris. We then held the box on top of the car and drove it to the back and tossed it on top of all the boxes they had back there.


This picture doesn't really do justice to how rough a time we had. It was pretty snug back there. You can see above that we couldn't contain our excitement and I wasted no time assembling it.

8 comments:

Em Russ said...

awww, there's nothing quite like getting the crib set up! It makes it all seem a little more real. I'm glad you got the crib to fit in your car (though I would have been happy to drive to Framingham to bail you out with my van!) I love the picture of "Bob Bob" smiling. It's his classic face, always happy about everything!! You're going to make a great dad Bob!!

Charmayne said...

LOL~it's awesome that you guys got shots of this. That is definitly somthing you two will never forget. I don't think we put our crib up for Marlee until I was about 8 months prego. Looks like you guys are on the ball!

Mindy said...

Congratulations getting the crib up! It was so exciting when we got our crib. Luckily Kay waited until the following weekend to make her debut! Very smart of you guys to get it set up well in advance. Dido with Emily, if you need a van to get any of the other baby necessities give me a call too.

Lisa said...

We can't believe you guys got a crib before us. We only have a week before the due date and we still don't have a crib. We do have the bassient, so we aren't stressing about the crib yet. You guys are definitely ahead of the game. We hope EmmaLee feels better and we can't wait for the cousins to meet. Take care, Rich and Lisa

Harris Family said...

That is so exciting! I still don't have a crib for the baby that will be born any day-we really don't have a place to put it right now. She'll just have to do with a pack n play until we move into a house! It looks like a nice crib though-do you like it so far?

Yancy said...

ah...tetris. :)

Melani said...

Emmalee! I got your email awhile ago about your blog, but I forgot to post something on it. I'm so excited for your new baby to come! How exciting! I know how cribs can be. Ariana is a twin bed, but we still have the crib up, because we don't want to hassle putting it back together again someday. Keep in touch!

Cami Rivas said...

This post was hilarious! Bob, you're my hero. I love that you guys post simple things like this, because it's what counts. I mean, I don't know if I would think to post something like this, but I know that one day the little one will want to see all of these and get a kick out of everything Mommy and Daddy did for him. :)