Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our little champ!


Well, good news. Ezra is a big strong baby! The hospital staff was very impressed with how well he did. They were wondering if he would have any breathing trouble and if he would be able to eat okay so he spent his first night in the Newborn ICU. He had no trouble breathing and is a pretty good eater so he got to spend the next night with us (though we eventually sent him to the nursery so that mom could get some sleep).

Suckin' it down!

He did lose a little tiny bit more weight than they would have liked but he did such a great job that they let him come home with us yesterday!
Oh son, are you smiling? Nope, I'm just pooping.

He has really big feet like his uncles on both sides, so I bet he will be tall like them too. His strength is impressive. He already moves his head around on his own some and if he wants his hands in his face, he puts up strong resistance if you try to move them. He is continuing to eat well at home and he even lets us sleep (sometimes). He has a nice loud cry, but it starts out with a cute little baby bird like screech. He is super great and has already enjoyed a few visitors.

I wore my Chewbacca pants home! (Mom's favorite pic)

Dad's favorite pic

9 comments:

Em Russ said...

so I'm pretty sure that he hasn't enjoyed his visitors as much as we've enjoyed him. (Not that he wasn't an angel when we visited, because he was) but mmmm, I'm in love with your baby. Hope you're ok with that! Hopefully he'll feel the same about me soon too! :)

Lisa said...

Yeah! We're glad to see Ezra is home. He is so cute and we can't wait to pinch his cheeks. We also love his fuzzy hair.

Marci said...

Congrats Bob and EmmaLee! He's darling. Love the chewbacca pants. so cute. hope you guys are adjusting well...

Lauren and the kidlets said...

Congrats! LOVE all the hair on his little head!

Mindy said...

We are so excited that little Ezra decided to come a few days early. I was a little worried about how big he was going to be, and how that would effect EmmaLee. We would love to come see this cute little guy! Kay is begging me to see Ezra's picture again. Let us know when you would be up for a visit. Good luck!

Crystal said...

Congrats! He is a cutie! I love his hair. I am glad you are all doing well.

DaynaDouble said...

I want to hold him so bad! I am glad to see you are home and well. Hopefully we will be able to report on our little guy soon because the do stripped my mebranes to day. Owweeee!

Charmayne said...

Oh seriously you guys~you make cute kids! He is so dang cute. My Mom and I are ooing and awing over the new pics. His fuzzy hair is so cute. What a handsome little man you guys have. He looks so soft too. I love all that newbornness. Enjoy you guys~it goes too fast!

Shannon & Lindsay said...

He is absolutely adorable. I sure hope my next kid is a boy because they look like such fun!