Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Changes

As you might expect we have had some changes happening around here. The first being that spring has mostly sprung and we are enjoying the weather being in the 60's. I have always wanted a family picture taken in the Mt. Auburn Cemetery in the spring (or the fall) and this spring was our last chance. Last spring we were too late and the Cemetery was closed. The pictures are kind of last minute, so we aren't dressed super classy or anything but they turned out alright.

 You wouldn't know that I straightened my hair twice prior to this photo shoot.
Dang that humidity! I guess I should have gone curly.


 "To infinity...and beyond"


 Ezra knows how to spell him name, so we were excited to find an Ezra tombstone.


A second change is that I have really started to pack up. It hasn't been too bad, and I think everything will come together pretty smoothly. Ezra has not missed any of the toys that we have packed up yet, and is mostly enjoying the extra space and the boxes. He LOVES to climb on, jump off, color on and hide in the boxes!

We have added a lot of boxes since this picture. Crazy!
Notice how the majority of our boxes are diaper boxes.

The last change is that our fish died. (Sorry Bunkers!) We got him from the Bunkers when they moved away and on the day that we were going to pass him on to someone else he passed away. We had a whole discussion with Ezra about death and I think it went pretty well. If you ask him where his fishy is he will tell you that he ran away to Heavenly Father. The only problem is that I think he kind of thinks that they toilet is how you get to Heavenly Father. Oh well, what can you do? We have actually been having some good conversations around Heavenly Father and prayer. Ezra will often comment on how Heavenly Father is watching us even though we can't see him and that we can talk to him. It is pretty heart warming.

I think this is the only picture of Shark Bait that we have.

We hope you are all having some good changes in your lives too! Change is hard, but exciting!

6 comments:

Anne said...

I can't believe how big Ezra is. It's great that you have family picture together. I'm sure that you are going to love your memories as a family in Boston.

sherrie said...

That's pretty impressive spelling for a 2 year old. We are very excited about your changes, too.

Lisa said...

I know moving and packing aren't fun, but we are excited to have you guys so much closer. See you soon!

DaynaDouble said...

"Change is good!" I can't believe that Ezra can spell his name. Smarty McSmartyton! I also can't believe that we are coming to your house next week. Awww! So much to do and so little time, but I am definitely looking forward to it!

Brittany said...

Way to go Bob the Graduate!!!! YAY!! What a big achievement that is, for both of you. It's no small thing to survive 4 years of dental school. We've been thinking about you guys a lot these last few days, hope you're living it up for the graduation. Sounds like you're having family in town for it, how exciting! Wish we could be there for it. Are you still planning a SD trip? If so when? We'll have ice cream ready for some celebratory chocolate milkshakes. Good luck with the move, what a lot of work!

Congratulations Dr. Bowling!

Cami Rivas said...

I love that your son is learning about God :) It warms my heart. (Oh, and P.S. Your boxes look so organized! I'm impressed.)