Sunday, September 19, 2010

Utah- Week 1

We were gone for so long that I have felt really behind in my posting, and didn't know the best way to go about doing it. So take it as it comes.

Ezra slept through most of both of our flights out, which was so nice! I didn't use any of the distractions that I brought except once during our layover. We got in early, and luckily my family was there early to get us. The week started out pretty uneventful, mostly me just trying to recover, and Ezra getting to know everyone.

Ezra loved playing with Jett and Keian. (Maybe not at first, but they learned.)

It is hard to say whether he loved them, or their dogs more. 
The dogs were definitely winning at first.

Ezra loved this airplane teeter totter. It was nice to have something for them all to play on.

That weekend we made a quick trip to the Salt Lake area. Josh wanted to check out UVU and I wanted to see some friends. Unfortunately most of them were out of town. I did get to see Cami before she had her baby though. Isn't she so cute pregnant?

Dayna and her boys wanted to tag along, so we rented a minivan and it was still an interesting process trying to get all of us and the car seats in. Let's just say that one person was uncomfortable at all times. We had a good time though. I think the boys really enjoyed the pool at the hotel. Sorry no pictures though.

While Josh and Mom checked out UVU we went to a park.
It was so hot that we mostly just let the boys play in this puddle.

The next morning we met Cory and Natalia at a train museum. It was nice to get to see Lilian for the first time and to have something for the boys to do.

This is part of the original train station. There used to be a ton of these benches for
people to wait on. I just thought it was a cool room for taking pictures.



The boys loved watching the train go around the tracks!


They also had a little old car section. I think I prefer the cars we have now.


Ezra loved all the old license plates because they had letters on them!

He is supposed to be giving Lilian a kiss here, but he was a little confused.
He is used to being on the receiving end and doesn't give kisses very well.



I'm not really sure why these horses were there (I didn't read the plaque),
but we sure enjoyed taking pictures by them.




Despite what others might say, Lilian likes me the best.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad to see your back in the blogging world. It is hard to be so far apart so the blog helps us feel closer and get our Ezra fix. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Utah. Those pictures of the train station were pretty cool. I especially like the picture with Ezra and the dogs because Ava LOVES animals (especially dogs) so much.

Ezra is getting so big and smart. We were impressed by your previous post and all the things he knows. Ava is still working on a lot of those things. It is interesting to see how different each child is and to watch their talents begin to form. I can't wait to see what amazing things Ezra will do.

Air Force Blues said...

Fun times!! I love the pics of the three boys together. Even though Chris getting deployed will be hard at least we will get to go and visit family.

Crystal said...

Looks like fun!

Cami Rivas said...

Oh how I miss you...

Thanks for the prego comment :) I realized you got pictures of me while pregnant but not with him when he came out! You'll have to come back and visit! :D