Thursday, November 11, 2010

The boys are back in town!

Over Halloween weekend my cousins Trey and Tate, along with their parents, came to visit. We have been looking forward to their visit ever since we moved here. Trey and Tate are 12 and 10 respectively, but have been some of my best little pals since they were born. I babysat them a lot (often at my own insistence) and we had lots of sleepovers. Tate couldn't even hardly talk when I went college, and it is crazy to think how old they are now! We were super busy while they were here, but it was really nice to have them here for my birthday.



On Saturday we went to Plymouth and saw the rock, the Mayflower II, and Plimouth Plantation. We also went to Newport, RI to see a mansion. Ezra and I stayed outside while they toured it, because once was enough with a one year old. That night the Denos' headed up to Salem to check out the Halloween spirit, but Ezra was beyond exhausted so we stayed home. Sunday they kept Ezra while we went to stake conference, and we met them on the Freedom Trail when we were done. We also went to the Temple and the Mt. Auburn Cemetery. Monday was my birthday and we went out to the Basketball Hall of Fame. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be. That night we went to Cheesecake Factory and had some yummy food.


He loved throwing the leaves above his head.

We tried to get some great fall leaf pictures of Ezra. 
He loved playing in the leaves but his face looked like this in most of the shots.





Unfortunately there wasn't much at the hall of fame about the Kings, I guess they need to play better.
Here is Bob by a little of what we did see of the Kings.

Here I am by my favorite b-ball player of all time. He was inducted in 2009.
 No not Micheal Jordan, but John Stockton at the very top.

Bob didn't really like him, but I wouldn't either if my team had to play against him.
I just think he was a great player, and he has very admirable qualities both on and off the court.


I thought Ezra was just messing around, 
but this is apparently his skill at taming a loose ball.

This boy LOVES basketball. He tries to dribble, 
and just loves to be in the action when others are playing.
It is pretty adorable to watch.

Shaq's shoe was crazy big. That is next to Trey's shoe. They just seem big and fake.
I grew up with two brothers with size 14 feet, and these shoes were monstrous.

I couldn't get over how big Shaq's feet were. 
My foot didn't look that small compared to the other footprints on the floor.

Despite all the adventures my favorite part of them coming was playing games at home. We had a blast playing games every night. I even lost REALLY bad at Ticket to Ride with a final score of -20. For those of you who don't know 100 is a fairly average score, and people usually never score in the negative. It was pretty awesome. Anyways we had a blast and look forward to seeing them again. I need a rematch.

One of the games occasionally had people doing crazy things like drink like a cat for 30 seconds.

Or dance while humming your own tune.
 Can you believe he was more worried about his humming.
Just so you know, I didn't marry him for his dancing skills.

Tate had to shake his booty in the air. Keep in mind he is 10!
My favorite parts are Brooke's laugh. Isn't she great!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a fun post you guys!! Can't believe we missed your birthday, we stink as friends. I'll have to have Jared serenade you with a post-birthday song. Can't quite decide what I enjoyed more, the memories that your Plymouth pictures reminded me of...or Bob's dancing. Classic. We never did the Hall of Fame while we were there , looks like Ezra enjoyed it.

We sure miss you guys!