Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Toddler Bed

Bob and I had been debating moving Ezra into a toddler bed for a while and we had planned on doing it around Ezra's second birthday. However thanks to his daredevil stunt we moved that up a couple of months. Our crib already had two recalls on it, but we were putting off taking it back until Ezra was ready for a big boy bed. (Are we terrible or what?) So we ordered the toddler bed and took apart the crib. We had to borrow our friend's van  to get the crib back to the store, in case you don't remember getting the crib check out this post, and it was a huge headache, since the crib was no longer in their system, but we did get all of our money back, which is nice. Now we can buy a new one when we get to CA and have another baby.

The hardest part about switching to a toddler bed was a bit unexpected. Ezra's crib held/hid a lot of stuff. I was completely unprepared to find new homes for all the stuff. We rearranged, and boxed some things up, but some things still don't have a home. All of Ezra's clothes won't fit in the few remaining drawers (the others still have dental stuff in them), but I am actually happy with how his room looks now.

 This is how his room looked with the crib out and all the stuff it was hiding piled in the room.

Here is the crib taken apart, and the card table and chairs that were also hidden by the crib.


This is it! I wanted to take pictures when his room was all clean and organized, 
but this post really needed to get done.  Notice the sleeping child in the bed.

His bed is now on the opposite wall and the drawers are now where his crib was.

We re-ferbered Ezra and we are all sleeping a lot better. I thought we were going to be putting him back in his bed all night, but he stays in it. Even in the morning he will just cry until I come in, which is funny because sometimes he justs gets down on his own when I get there.  He plays on the thing all day, so he knows he can get out, I guess he just knows when he needs my permission. Not that I want to give it at 7am but what can you do?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting! We debated it for a long time too. Ava does so well in her bed I don't know what we were thinking. I think it is cute Ezra waits for you to get out in the morning because Ava does the same thing. Sometimes she will get out a play for a few minutes, but will get back in and call me to let her up. As soon as I open the door she is get out of bed and walks down the hall by herself. I'm glad Ezra is sleeping for you guys again. It makes things so much nicer when you get a full nights sleep.

We miss you! Give Ezra a hug from us and Ava.

Alicia said...

EmmaLee

We are so lame! I guess I will blame it on old age but we totally forgot your birthday. I will get a card off to you soon I promise. I hope your birthday was great.

The toddler bed looks great. I'm glad Ezra likes it.

Charmayne said...

Cute bed! Nice to get a good nights rest isn't it! :)