Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow?


One downside of living on the East Coast is that everyone has to pay to ship you your Christmas presents. Ezra loves the ups that come with the downs. Ezra loved these packaging peanuts. He made quite the mess, but we used them to snow, and to make an avalanche (just like in one of his Thomas videos). With a little help from Static Guard and the vacuum clean up wasn't too bad.


We have had a great Christmas season so far, with the exception of a bad stomach bug that went through our family. I have never been so sick before. Luckily it was one of those 24 hour kinds. I was literally wanting to go to the hospital so that they could put me in a coma until it was over. Fortunately for me, I got it last, and therefore got the most empathy. We didn't get to do one of our service projects because of it, but luckily the project still happened.

Ezra helped us decorate the "Christmas treat" this year. Whenever I try to correct him, he just corrects me right back, so Christmas treat it is. Ezra has done really well with leaving the Christmas tree alone, and only seems to bother the presents after Bob reminds him how many days until we can open them. I am glad that he is completely unaware of Santa, but seems to love baby Jesus. I really need to get a Little People Nativity so that he can play with one without breaking it. Next year we will have income, so maybe then.



Speaking of Nativities, I have been thinking a lot about the people who came to see the baby Jesus in the manger. I am sure that they sensed the wonderful things that Christ would do for all of us. What a special and reverent moment to see the most important man to ever walk the Earth as a newborn. Just imagining the love and potential I saw in Ezra as a newborn leaves me in awe of how it must have been to see the baby Jesus. I truly love that we have this holiday to reflect on such things, and to give thanks through good deeds. We are truly blessed.

Bonus Pictures:
 These are from Ezra's actual birthday. I had already made a fancy cake for the other party, so he got a store bought chocolate cream pie for this go round. He did much better at blowing out his candles and really enjoyed the pie.

2 comments:

Steve and Sherrie said...

Now that they're 12 and 10, this is the first year that Rachel and Nathan have not played with their Little People Nativity set. It has quietly remained on Nathan's skateboard shelf in his bedroom, which is rather amazing considering that touching the angel still creates lovely strains of Away in the Manager.

Lisa said...

Ava has been loving Baby Jesus too! We bought her a little people nativity because there was a $13 exclusive Target version. It doesn't play music but for the price I was happy. Ava loves it. She played with it a lot and talked about Baby Jesus, Jesus' Mama & Daddy all the time. Her favorite books have also been about the Savior's birth. Isn't it wonderful to see such love and excitement in them about Jesus. It makes me so happy!

We hope you guys have a Happy New Year and give Ezra a high-five from Ava!