Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Nutcracker

In a surprise move, Bob took me to the ballet. For those of you who know Bob it is a big surprise, he does not do this kind of stuff. We went to see the Nutcracker, seeing as neither of us had ever seen it. We were going to eat at a nice place before the ballet, but we got out a bit late, and our train kept stopping. I was worried we would be late for our show if we ate at a nice restaurant, so we unfortunately ate at McDonalds. We enjoyed the show despite not having the best seats, especially the first act. Bob said that the whole second act was pointless dancing. I actually enjoyed watching the orchestra a lot of the time. I do think my one suggestion would be for the men to wear tutus also. The less we see the better. We both were glad for the experience, but I am sure this will not become something we do often.
*As a side note, I have been struggling to get pictures to download which is why our last post was a late post about Halloween. Hopefully I will get Thanksgiving done before Christmas, one can hope.

2 comments:

Steve and Sherrie said...

I'm with you--less is more--male tutus are a fabulous idea.

p.s. Way to go Bob! I'm very impressed with your surprise.

Lisa said...

I'm not a ballet person but I've actually seen the Nutcracker 3 times. Not because I really wanted to but because I was invited by someone else. It was an interesting experience, but I don't want to repeat it often.

I totally agree with the male tutus. One year while in high school my friend got free tickets so we went. Unfortunately we were in the front few rows and I was traumatized by how much I could see...Yuck!! I learned if I go to the ballet the farther back the better.