Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's long, but mostly pictures!

In our lack of posting we have been doing a lot of little things. We made rainbow cupcakes, or at least tried to. Despite hearing that these were hard and time consuming I couldn't resist making them anyways. I did the first batch all carefully while Ezra napped and then when he woke up we let him (and ourselves) make crazy ones. Turns out that they all ended up looking more tie-dyed than rainbow so I could have skipped the careful layering.
 He was really excited and did a good job!

 Enjoying their spoils!
I think it is funny that red was my bottom layer and is the most prominent on top.
Also it is in the middle of the done version and the blue 
and purple that were on top got moved to the bottom. Weird!

 See how the ones from this blog are perfect on top and have nice layers after being baked.
Mine did not turn out like that at all. No idea what I did wrong, but I don't really care.

It seems odd to me how often Ezra ends up eating an all orange lunch. On the day pictured below it was grilled cheese sandwiches with Tomato Basil Bisque (yummy tomato soup from Costco) and cheetos. Yesterday it was Mac-N-Cheese with oranges and carrots. He also often has what we call vegetable juice, but is actually Ocean Spray's 100% fruit and vegetable juice. Some of them are orange, and all of them are quite yummy to me and Ezra. He does get a variety of food, I promise. It is just that he never has an all red lunch or an all green lunch.

Yes, he often eats lunch while still in his pajamas.

Ezra has also taking a liking to exercising with daddy. He is actually pretty good, but gets in Bob's way a lot.

 Here he is doing "downward dog" in the brief yoga part.

 In this part they bring their knees up to their elbows, I told you he's good.

 Beside a nice view of Bob's behind,
 you also get a nice side shot of one of Ezra's lunges.

Ezra has been more into play-dough these days too!
In fact as you can see he wears his p.j.'s a lot. 
That's what happens when you can't go out much.

While Bob was doing his WREB Ezra and I went to the park. I could have sworn that I took a picture of him standing up because it was the first time (and only time) that he got to wear shorts this year. This is the only one I had on my phone though. He is swinging with our friend's baby Lyla. We had a picnic lunch, but had to cut our trip short when Bob needed me to be his patient. Allison and I loaded up the kids, walked home, and then I dumped Ezra off on her and stole her car. Luckily I qualified to be a patient and it all ended up being worth it. We owe them big time though.


I also made these cute spring rose balls. If you want to see how you can see the tutorial here. Mine are bigger than the ones in the tutorial, and I think I would have liked them smaller, but what can you do. They are still cute and cheap. Me and my friend also enjoyed making them, and so did our kiddos since they got to play together.

My glue gun drips a lot, but I never thought too much of it. 
However when doing a project like this and leaving it on for so long it really wastes a lot of glue.
Good thing you can buy refills at the dollar store!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I love all the pictures. Hey Bob CONGRATULATIONS on passing all your boards. Way to go!
Like father like son - When Bob was little, he used to wear his PJ's all day in the summer. He even swam in them (the bottoms). I thought it was OK because it saved on laundry and since he was the last, I didn't worry about him trashing them.

Anne said...

Congratulations Bob! We hope that all goes well and that everything will be done in time with school. We can't wait to see the whole family. Ezra is at my favorite age. Kids this age are so interactive and full of wonder.

We love you!

Cami Rivas said...

Way good job, Emm on the cupcakes! They looked so festive! And I think my favorite exercise picture of Ezra is his knee-to-elbow one :) So cute.

Air Force Blues said...

Cute cupcakes!! Love em.