Thursday, July 14, 2011

New York

We didn't get out of Boston until almost noon, and had to make a stop in CT to see the oh-so-wonderful Russ Family. It was like 2 or 3 before we got to NY. It was a really quick trip and we did only touristy stuff. It is not my favorite place in the world, but we scored a free parking spot. My one regret is that the rest of us didn't give in to Dayna and go on the carriage ride through Central Park. It was dark, and I am sure that we didn't miss much, but I know Dayna would have liked the experience, and now looking back it wouldn't have been a big deal, so we should have just done it. Anyways on to the pictures!

Our first stop was Battery Park to catch a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty!

Thanks to Sherrie, I now like to make people pose like the statues we see.

This is what Bob did while the rest of us looked at the S. of L.
Bob and I had already seen it, so he didn't mind waiting in the car rather than looking for parking.

I'm sure you could have guessed Time Square.

We really wanted to eat at Grays Papaya, but it was closed :( Mine and Dayna's next choice was just a hot dog street vendor. I still can't believe that for all the blocks we walked (and even drove for that matter) we never saw a single one. Talk about lame. We ended up just eating at a chain restaurant for 3x the amount you would pay at any other location. Oh well, what can you do!

By the time we made it to Central Park it was dark. We still took a little walk through.
We saw a raccoon eating out of the garbage and some crazy guy on a bike.

We played with our cameras while in C.P. and this is my favorite one that I took.
I kept getting impatient for it to take it and would move. This was the result.

3 comments:

Cami Rivas said...

So cool! I have a goal to make it to the east coast some day... :)

Steve and Sherrie said...

Love the posing!

the Bunker Family said...

Looks so fun. I love the "not so Boston" addition to your blog. Can't believe Boston is now just a thing of the past. We've been thinking about you guys and hope everything is going well with Bob especially. Can't wait until BU truly is a thing of the past...minus the lifelong loans of course. So happy you guys can begin such a new and exciting chapter in your lives. Thanks again for coming to visit us!!!