Monday, August 1, 2011

Philadelphia

We spent our second day of our trip in Philadelpia. We only saw the touristy stuff, but I still enjoyed it. The best part of the day was definitely eating at Tony Lukes. What a great, authentic Philly Cheese Steak.

I think they called this the Moon Tree because it was once taken to the moon.
It looks like it didn't fare too well!

We toured the U.S. Mint and bought Ezra a giant coin. The boy loves his "monies".


I'm not sure what all these flags represent but I made everyone point to the one they liked best.

We got to see these soldiers rope those young'ens into joining the continental army.

A statue that I don't remember.
Note Independence Hall under construction. Turns out most everywhere we went
had stuff under construction. We didn't have the best of luck.

I believe this was a "tomb of the unknown soldier".
Not the be confused with the "tomb of the unknown soldier".




Oh man, these sandwiches were so tasty. I only wish I could make them that good.

2 comments:

Steve and Sherrie said...

Jealous! How awesome. There's just something so cool about standing right next to a piece of history like the Liberty Bell. Thanks for posting and helping me live vicariously. :)

Those sandwiches do look mighty tasty.

I missed getting to hang out with you guys twice this week. We'll have to schedule another Gridley trip soon.

Harris Family said...

We went to Philly a couple years ago (my brother used to live there...went to dental school there actually!). We got to see all these same things you did. IT was a fun place to go and visit! I enjoyed seeing all the history stuff!
So you guys are in Sacramento now-is that right? How are you liking it?