Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy first Fathers Day Bob!

I never get over the depth of meaning of the words President McKay often quoted, "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
-Gordon B. Hinkley I wanted to make this post to let you all know what a wonderful husband I have. Bob has been more than I ever imagined I would get in a spouse. I know that he is going to be a great dad, because he has already started.

Not only has he made dinner almost every night since I started getting morning sickness, but he has also taken over 99% of the cleaning (even though he already did a lot). I have not had to clean a toilet since I got married. He always opens my door, and will rub my feet anytime I ask. Just the other day he painted my toe nails, and I'm not that pregnant, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. He never lets a moment go by without letting me know in one form or another how much he loves me.



He has already given our children the most important thing that he ever will. I love him so much and hope to be able to live up to the standard he has set. I love you, Bob.

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

That was really sweet EmmaLee! I'm positive Bob is going to be a great dad. He's already stolen the hearts of my little munchkins who get so excited to see him (and you) out the window!

Joy said...

Aw that was so cute! I love hearing people brag about their husbands, because too many people don't ever give praise like that! Sounds like you're doing a great job, too, EmmaLee.

Charmayne said...

Isn't it great that the Bowling Boys are so wonderful! My Doug is the same way. I think Mom B. did a fabulous job in teaching them to be so helpful. I definitely feel very lucky and blessed to have my Doug forever. Happy Father's Day Bob.

Cami Rivas said...

I appreciated reading this post. Mostly because I had never heard Emm say things like this to... well, to anyone. :) I didn't doubt you felt it, but it was neat to me to see you express yourself to the man who you'll spend the rest of eternity with.

There's a great quote in my marriage prep manual )that I teach for Sunday School) and I wanted to share, because it's what I thought when I read this post:

"[Love in marriage] is deep, inclusive, comprehensive. It is not like that association of the world which is misnamed love, but which is mostly physical attraction. When marriage is based on this only, the parties soon tire of one another.... The love of which the Lord speaks is not only physical attraction, but spiritual attraction as well. It is faith and confidence in, and understanding of, one another. It is total partnership. It is companionship with common ideals and standards. It is unselfishness toward and sacrifice for one another. It is cleanliness of thought and action and faith in God and his program. It is parenthood in mortality ever looking toward godhood and creationship, and parenthood of spirits. It is vast, all-inclusive, and limitless. This kind of love never tires or wanes. It lives on through sickness and sorrow, through prosperity and privation, through accomplishment and disappointment, through time and eternity." --Pres. Spencer W. Kimball

Congratulations to you both. What a wonderful marriage you have.