Saturday, January 24, 2009

More sleep = more smiles!

So Ezra has been smiling for a couple weeks now and as you could imagine, I'm loving it! We only have one picture of it because I don't want to miss them by running for the camera. Sometimes he is really smiley in the middle of the night and it makes me not want to put him back to bed. I absolutely love his smile and I am going to miss it after they fix his lip.


Ezra has also been sleeping a little longer at night. Hooray! He usually goes for about a three hour stretch which has been really nice. I'm surprised at the difference between a two and a three hour stretch. Despite his improved night sleeping, Ezra is a terrible nap taker. I'm lucky if he will stay asleep for 15 minutes on most days. The only way to get him to take a longer nap is to take him in the car. It seems he would sleep forever in his car seat. I refuse to drive around to get him to sleep though. I don't mind the lack of naps, except it makes it really hard to get anything done. I'm including this video, even though it's probably not that exciting for you! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Charmayne said...

So Cute! He looks so long. I'm sorry he's not a napper for you. When are you guys blessing him?

Shannon & Lindsay said...

Oh I remember car drives. Sometimes that is the ONLY way to get them to sleep.

Libby said...

Car drives! They're still pretty effective at putting my kids to sleep. And for the first few months of her life Sarah would only nap if she was in her vibrating bouncy seat. I went through SO many batteries on that thing!