Friday, February 20, 2009

Ah the Advantages of a Cleft!

I know this sounds bad I think one of the ways EmmaLee and I cope with Ezra's birth defect is to laugh it off. We kind of make fun of him (remind us to delete this post in case he ever becomes interested in reading our old blog some day). Don't get me wrong...we love him to death and think that he is extremely cute. We love his little "wide smile" and we wouldn't even get it fixed if it wasn't better for him in the long run. So in the spirit of taking what life has given and enjoying it, we present these photos for your enjoyment (sorry for the poor quality of these camera phone pictures).

Why bother with just a thumb?

I have my cake and eat it too.

5 comments:

Libby said...

Woo hoo! I love this post! Sarah tried SO hard to stick her whole fist in her mouth...lucky Ezra that he can actually do it!

Anonymous said...

he is so cute. i love the picture with both the bottle and the binki its cute so do you know when his first surgery will be or did he already have it well have fun and enjoy ezra

Em Russ said...

ha ha! I have to admit that I love that wide grin too!!

Melenie said...

That's hilarious! The bottom picture is awesome. Adam would be jealous if he could see Ezra do that.

Shannon & Lindsay said...

I love the wide grin! and I'm sure every baby wishes they could have their binky and their bottle at the same time!