Monday, May 18, 2009

Things we are growing:

I included this one just because he is so cute!
He has a new closed mouth smile that is so hard to capture on film.
Here it is with his tongue sticking out.

Ezra, tomatoes and carrots. Today we went to Target in search of birthday cards and came out with a new bath tub for Ezra. The Bunkers had given us their baby bath tub but Ezra had definitely out grown it a while ago. It was getting hard to wash his legs because they were so crammed in the tub.
Testing to make sure a whale would be big enough.

He still isn't sitting up on his own so we needed something bigger, but not the whole tub bigger. We tried it out tonight and I think he quite enjoyed it. I think we can plan on being splashed a lot more now.

We also went to Home Depot and bought two tomato plants and the necessary items to start them growing on our back porch. It made me really excited to have a real yard someday that we can plant a whole garden in. We put some carrot seeds in between the two tomato plants, so we will see how that turns out. Maybe I will make them into baby food and we can all benefit from our little garden.

Ezra enjoyed being outside while we planted our goods.

He's hoping that his dad will let him play in the dirt too.


7 comments:

Melenie said...

Ezra's closed mouth smile is just as cute as his open mouth smile. :) What a cute little guy you have there. You're making me want to plant a garden, I hope to have a yard someday soon for stuff like that.

Crystal said...

Whole gardens are great, but a lot of work. I hope your tomatoes and carrots do just great!

Lisa said...

Love the mini garden! We just put our garden in too. We are excited to share some of the fresh veggies with Ava this summer. We went to the doctor today and he said we could start her on rice cereal in another week and then other foods gradually at 5-5 1/2 months...I'm so excited.
Love the cute photos of Ezra. He has always had a beautiful smile!!

Em Russ said...

love that little guy's smile

Clint, Camber, Camdon, Carolina, Corbin, and Cordelia said...

I just love you guys! That's all.

DaynaDouble said...

I have not checked in on your cute little fam for a while and I am have missed alot of your posts. I love the videos. It is so funny to me how different Jett and Exra are and they are not that far apart in age. Jett does no crazy kicks or exercises and is also getting very familiar with his jumpeRoo and he loves it.Way to go on the tomatoes. We have not attempted a garden yet because we don't have any time to tend to it but someday we will and you will have to give us some tips. Loves and Hugs!

Kalia said...

Hey Emm! I love the pictures and videos of Ezra! He is certainly growing up to be a cutie. Yeah, I thought about you a lot while I was in the hospital. I was like...how the heck did EmmaLee do it? I wanted to cry every second I was there! But yes, at least it's over with! As we use to say, "we are amazing!" and now we can add "mothers" to the end of that sentence. :)