Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Whew, we made it!

Despite all the time in the car Ezra was such a champ.
I think he could have hacked it as a Bunker child.

We have officially survived our onslaught of visitors. Don't get me wrong, we loved every minute of it, but it can take its toll. After my mom and sister left we had a two day break until the arrival of Yancy and Leah. They spent the weekend with us and we once again got to enjoy a lot of game playing. They left on Tuesday and that Saturday we picked up Bob's sister from the airport. It was such an awesome week. We spent a lot of time in the great outdoors, which was a nice change for me and Ezra.

We did the freedom trail,

I was sure to take my picture at all the important historical sites.

Concord and Lexington, toured the John Adams home

This was a new bench the Russians sent over to thank John Adams
for all he did for them.
It had only been placed two hours before.
and saw his tomb,

went to Plymouth rock and toured the Mayflower II, visited Plimouth Plantation twice,

hit up the Mt. Auburn Cemetery,

got ice cream from Kimball Farms,

and spent a lot of late nights up chatting. It was so nice to get to know Sherrie better, and it makes me even more excited to move to CA some day. Bob would get home from class and I would have to apologize that I had got nothing done because I couldn't stop talking to his sister. We had a wonderful time. Ezra even survived the week of sleeping in our room.

He usually slept on his matress on our floor, not in our bed.
This was just a morning nap!
However upon returning to his own room he has been sleeping like a champ. Last night he slept from 7:30 to 7:30, and the night before that he slept from 7:30 til 5, at which point he ate and went back to sleep until 8:30. The Ferberizing has totally paid off. He is even napping a lot better. Wahoo!

2 comments:

DaynaDouble said...

I love all ths pics what a cute little fam you are. I am the same way with travelling. Every time we go somewhere we are always so glad to be home in our space and in our own bed. Jett is a good traveller so it makes it a lot easier to do such. Yeah for Ezra and sleeping good. Every good mommy needs her sleep ;)

Lisa said...

Congrats on the sleep thing!! Ava was doing really good and then the past couple of days she has not felt well and her sleep has been affected. I felt like we were back to the newborn days and I was exhausted once again. I just have to remember sleep will come again and to take a nap during the day. Oh well, I would take sleepless nights for the rest of my life if that was the only way to have Ava. I love her and love being a mom.