Monday, June 1, 2009

Good News Moment

My what blue eyes you have!
Note the matching double chins!

We have had a few little things happen to make us all a little happier these days. I'll start with mine because I'm sure it will be the least exciting to you all. For those of you who don't know I have very unruly hair. I can't let it air dry because I end with a huge ugly wavy fro, if I blow dry it is is also huge, but a little more straight. I have to whip out the flat iron and go to town for an additional 45 minutes or so to make it look presentable. This is why most of you see me with my hair in a ponytail or braid or some other easy solution. I have always envied those who could just jump out of the shower and go. Well I covet no longer. A couple weeks ago I bought some mousse, and when I got out of the shower I put a ton of it in my hair. I then brushed my hair and let it go. I did no scrunching or anything....and it worked out great. I won't say that it was the most beautiful do in the world, but I didn't have to do much. I think it needed a little more product but it worked. I got no comments that day, but I have not been so happy with my hair in a while. I think it is as natural as I will ever get.

Oh and one other great thing for me....I get to be done pumping this week. Six months was a long time and I'm really glad that I did it, but I am so glad that it is coming to an end. Bob is excited to get the freezer space back. ( I have around 45 bags of frozen milk in the freezer...I'm basically a milk cow)


Ezra is a little happier these days because he has found his feet. He loves them, and it makes it a little more difficult to change his diapers while he is chewing on them. He is a lot happier in general though. He sleeps from 7:30 til about 6 or 7 and when he wakes up he talks to himself for like half an hour. It is really nice. He also takes much better naps, usually around 2 hours. He loves to eat his cereal and has rice for breakfast and oatmeal for dinner. We are excited to start him on some veggies soon. He is such a happy boy! Sorry this video is so dark!



Bob has the most reason to celebrate. A few months ago we could not find Bob's mission scriptures anywhere. We searched our house, the car and the church and decided that they must have been left in the trunk of the rental car from Ezra's blessing along with 2 big bags of clothes someone had given us. It was a big bummer to lose his mission scriptures. This Sunday Ezra was being a little fussy so Bob took him out and decided to check the lost and found again just to kill time. Tada...there were his mission scriptures. He was so excited about it that he came back into Sacrament meeting even though Ezra was not being the quietest baby (he loves to talk/scream).

9 comments:

Joy said...

I can't believe how different Ezra looks now as a "grown-up baby" vs. newborn! So cute, and such bright eyes! I love your new quick hairstyle, EmmaLee. Yes, products like mousse or curl gel work great for things like that! I have naturally wavy/fluffy hair too, and had to find something fast to do also, after having kids. It's the only way to go! But if you ever want to straighten your hair, just spend a little extra money to get a really good ionic hairdryer and flat iron (like Chi). It will make the hairstyling go WAY faster (takes me about 15 or maybe 20 min. from wet hair, to all done)-- definitely worth it!

Charmayne said...

Your hair looks great!

I love how Ezra is looking like such a big boy now. What a cutie! We are excited to get to know you better too. Yes, even though it's been 12 years I remember how wedding days are-a whirl wind.

Yeah! so glad Bob found his mission scriptures-I treasure mine.

Em Russ said...

love the toe grabs. His abs are going to be rock solid soon!! :)

Crystal said...

Love your hair. It is pretty. Solid food does wonders for sleeping at night. My kids both loved it too. Yay for the mission scriptures. Alan likes his because they are in Spanish and sometimes make things make more sense.

Pace said...

He looks great!

Lisa said...

Ezra does have beautiful blues eyes and I love how active he always is in the videos. It is hard to get Ava talking on camera because as soon as I start taping she stops and just stares...a little camera shy I guess. She has just started becoming A LOT more vocal this week and making a variety of sounds. Maybe Ezra and Ava can have a nice chat in July.

I hear you on the hair thing...although mine is straight and boring. I have often thought about shaving my head, but I don't think that would be too cute. Instead I go back and forth between growing it out and chopping it off, but I'm never happy. I think I'm sticking with the ponytail/braid thing from now on. By the way I think your curls are cute...I'm a little jealous.

Congrats Bob and good job Ezra for helping your daddy out. This Sunday was the first rough day Ava had at church. Sundays always mess with her schedule, so bad start, but it just got worse. She fought going to sleep and then only sleep for 20mins. (usually 2hrs.) Then either Rich or I had to walk her around during Sunday School and by the third hour she was screaming...and I mean screaming...at the top of her lungs. She was red, exhausted, and really angry, so we had to take her home. Ava of course fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep for another 2hrs...poor girl. I can't wait to see what next Sunday will be like.

Sorry this is so long! I just can't wait to see you guys and actually have a conversation face to face. See you in July!

Tobler's said...

Hi EmmaLee! It's Dorene (Brooks). I found your blog from Sandy's. Your little boy is so darling! How are things going?
nickanddorene.blogspot.com

DaynaDouble said...

Yea for Bob. And double yea for you for no more pumping ;)!!! I a looking forward to the no more nursing day. I plan that to happen before I return to school in the Fall. Jett has found his toes as well and as you know he is a big thumb sucker but apparently he is not opposed to substituting his big toe for his thumb. So CUTE!

Steve and Sherrie said...

Your hair looks beautiful! Congratulations. Bob, Yeah! What a blessing. Looking forward to seeing Ezra again soon. He is a delight.