Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ezra must get his luck from me!

I have been going to the dental school to be Bob's patient just out of pity. I have great teeth and thought that I would just get a lot of cleanings over the next two years...well I thought wrong. It turns out that one of my perfect little teeth needs a root canal. Apparently at some point one of my front teeth has suffered some trauma (I have no recollection of such) and is now having internal resorption. Basically it means that my body is eating my tooth from the inside out and in order to stop it I have to get a root canal. I am soooo not excited. I have always prided myself on my good teeth. At least the root canal is not due to poor hygiene. I also have a minor cavity that has been monitored for the last four years (my uncle and Bob's dad both said to save it for Bob's boards), but the faculty member said Bob should do it now. Also while he is in that area he is going to replace a really small amalgam filling with a composite because it is "beat up". So the good news out of all of this is that Bob is going to have a very reliable patient with some pretty good things for him to do for the first time. Oh joy!

I do have a little better luck in pie making though. I won best looking pie for my apricot cranberry pie! I probably only won because Bob helped and he has better luck than me!

5 comments:

Alan said...

That is a beautiful pie! Too bad about the root canal. I had one once. It was a very LONG process...

Crystal

Lisa said...

What a beautiful pie! I personally don't like pie, but I bet Rich would love that one because he really likes apricots. Could I get the recipe?

It is nice of you to be Bob's patient. I remember when Rich was in school. I was his guinea pig. One time he was practicing looking in my eyes and looked too long with the light that I was blind for a few minutes afterwards. He has also did a lot more poking and proding, but at least it made him a good PA.

Sorry about the root canal. It doesn't sound fun. Will Bob do it?

Allison said...

whatever, you won because your pie was amazing!

DaynaDouble said...

Way to go! I showed your mom she was quite proud of your artistic, cooking abilities.

Air Force Blues said...

Your pie looks awesome. Good Job! Boy do I understand the teeth. Just yesterday went in for a cleaning and filling and ended up with an extremely painful root canal. I had one other before and I was not in any pain after. So hope Bob will learn to be a gentle dentist. I miss mine from back home and so does my mouth.