Sunday, June 13, 2010

What a Week!

We got home from Maryland at 3am on Tuesday, thanks to our car not starting after we stopped for gas and we needed to be jumped, and Bob had to leave for school at 6:45am. I can only imagine how tired he was that day because I was a ZOMBIE all through Ezra's physical therapy. We made it through the day and went to bed early because we had an early day ahead of us.

Ezra and I had a doctors appointment in the morning and we went from there to the aquarium. Good thing we had the discount passes from the library because I don't think we were even there an hour. We had seen most everything and Ezra mostly just wanted to run around. We decided to head out to the fountains that were a block away and let Ezra go crazy.
They had a new Jellyfish Exhibit, it was pretty sweet!

These whale bones remind me of one of those creatures from Tremors.


Bob's favorite were the poison dart frogs.


Of course my favorite was again the sea horses.

And I would have to say Ezra loved the sea turtles
that had been rescued from the cape.
They apparently rescue a ton of turtles every year who have
hypothermia and are dehydrated.
They fix them up and send them back out (on the correct side of the cape).


Thursday we did some grocery shopping and Bob tried to refresh the battery to no avail. We replaced it after a week of praying that the car would start every time we got in.
Ezra enjoyed his time in the front seat during the whole process.


Friday I left for Lake Winnipesaukee with the young women. It was so nice of the Romney's to let us stay at their vacation home (yes, those Romneys!). All the girls had a great time, myself included. As nice as a night without the boys was, I found myself constantly thinking "I wish Bob and Ezra were here, they would love this." We went on a little mormon tour around the lake. We saw the "Marriott Complex", which was just a ton of homes owned by The Marriotts, and home of the CEO of Black & Decker (I can't remember his name), and the Pratt's (another rich mormon family, but I don't think they are famous). It was kind of funny to see the real tour boat swing by the place we were staying. Thanks again Romney's.
This picture was taken with my phone, but what a
lovely view off the back porch huh?


Sorry these pictures are tiny, but I got a pretty sweet rug burn from the tube.

This is most of us in the water. It was much colder out in the deeper parts of the lake.



When we couldn't be on the lake we partied.

I got home Saturday at about 4pm and we headed to the Greek Food Festival so Bob could get his fixing of lamb, and so I wouldn't have to make dinner. They had a little carnival going on, so we let Ezra do a couple of the rides with his friend Emily. Thanks Van Dusen's for inviting us along.
Ezra hates slides, so you can only imagine how he felt about this one.
I don't know that us making him go on them is helping.

He loved the carousel though! When I took him he kept saying "whee".

By Sunday we were very much ready for a day of rest. That was a week ago, and lets just say that we are still not all the way unpacked from Maryland.

3 comments:

Tracy (Seegmiller) Kjar said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't believe how big Ezra is getting. Jake and I have a blog now so come visit us :) jakeandtracy.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

Busy, busy week. Ezra is such a cutie!

Anne said...

I remember Ezra liking the carousel at John's Incredible Pizza. I bet he loved the big one.