Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How much do you love your doctor?

Probably not as much as we love ours! People think I am crazy when I tell them about this, but what can I say? We had the BEST DOCTOR EVER! Our family doctor recently quit her job because the two hour commute each way was killing her, and she really just wanted to be a small town doctor. She said that if we were ever out her way that we should stop in and see her. When I informed her that we would be living in Holyoke (only about 30 minutes away from her) for part of the week, she invited us over for dinner. She lives in a beautiful small town (now I totally understand why I couldn't convince her to move to Gridley) and we had a great time. The weather was nice so we ate a delicious meal outside, except for Ezra who was too in love with her chickens, tomatoes directly off the vine, and wide open spaces to settle down for something as boring as eating. Her girls were so great with Ezra and excited to see his cast. Bob and I felt like we just unloaded all of our recent medical drama on her, but we did enjoy getting to know her more personally too. It was so nice to get to see her again, and I think she was close to tears when we left. I know she enjoyed our visit as much as we did.  We will definitely be going back to see her before we move!

1 comment:

Charmayne said...

I thought you loved Gridley? ;)

Doug and I are always the last to know. We don't have a clue what's going on with Bob.

We are lucky to have a relationship like that with Doug's Neurologist. Heidi really care's about Doug and it makes all the difference.

We love you guys and you are always in our prayers.