Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wow, that was fast!

I just posted our apartment on Craigslist this afternoon and within hours I already had 4 people interested. I am completely shocked. With our apartment not available until June I thought it would be a month or so until I had any interest. Turns out I have to clean my house well enough to be shown by Sunday! AAAAHH! I am freaking out just a bit. It was easy to make it look nice for pictures, when I could move all the stuff from one room to another. Where am I going to hide everything while we show it?

Posted                                                                                                                   Actual













Amazingly I had a hard time finding pictures of my messy house. This is due to my great photography framing skills more than my clean house maintenance skills I assure you!
P.S. Notice the cute quilt I made for Ezra's bed. (click to enlarge) I was really nervous about it, but I think it came out great!

8 comments:

sherrie said...

The quilt is amazing! I greatly admire your skills.

I loved the posted versus the actual. We have been looking at houses, and it's incredible how very different a picture can be from reality! I'm sure you will have no problem having your place ready for visitors.

DaynaDouble said...

I freaking love this post ;) You are so funny and I love that everything can be viewed through whatever window we want it to be viewed through. I am so looking forward to seeing you guys in 3 months and counting!

Crystal said...

Your quilt is adorable.

Cami Rivas said...

We're looking to move and this post made me wonder... *haha*

Brittany said...

Oh this makes me miss you guys. Can't believe you're already at the tail end, although I'm sure you're getting ready for some CA weather! Jared's bro-in-law got a job offer at Harvard, we keep saying if they accept it they need to live in Belmont.

I love the quilt and the curtains in Ezra's room. Is it weird to think it's kind of sad that you guys won't be living there anymore?

Anne said...

We are clearly very excited that your move date is coming up and that things are working out so far with your apartment because it will be much easier to visit you guys. If you get desperate while cleaning you can always stash some things in your car!

Amazing job on the quilt.

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

What? you house gets messy? What? You don't keep it perfectly clean at all times? Are you Lazy or something? I love when the house is clean but it always last sooooo shortly. It is sometimes not worth cleaning. Congrats on making it look so beautiful though. And yes that quilt is more awesome than anything!

Charmayne said...

How come you guys have to show it? That's not always easy keeping it clean I understand-having 14 daycare kids in and out all day it's not an easy task. Looks like your doing a great job.

Your quilt is cute! I love to quilt too. To bad Gridley is still 8 hours away because it would be fun to get together with all the sister in-laws and have a scrap day once a month.