Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hard to Wait

Bob and I went to the fertility doctor again today. Long story short, they ordered some more tests on Bob and basically recommended that we save our money by not doing any more treatment until they determine whether or not his problem is caused by a lack of hormones. I know it's the right thing to do, and if we have to move to IVF it is definitely good because we will need all the money we currently have saved (Our insurance doesn't cover any of it.). It is just so hard to WAIT! Ezra is only getting older, and it really depresses me that he will be so old by the time he gets a sibling. It's really not fair to him, he is such a great kid, but what can you do? I am also scared that we will do IVF and it won't work the first time, and we will have no money for a round two! It is all just so depressing and stressful. I try to have faith in the Lord and his timing, but it is such an emotional roller coaster ride. I don't mean to sound so down, but I just needed to vent! It is so hard to hear Ezra pray every night for a brother or sister (sometimes brother and sister) and know that I have no control over it! Keep praying for us!

5 comments:

Em Russ said...

I know exactly how you feel! :) Hang in there. I always mean to call you but the time difference messes me up and when I think about it, it is like 5am at your house...

p.s. move back to Boston (or CT)... insurance covers IVF by law!

Crystal said...

Hang in there. It is so hard to just wait...we had to wait also, but for different reasons. Good Luck! I am sure you will get your own little baby soon!

sherrie said...

That stinks. Some day you'll look back on this time and understand the wait. Having faith's not easy, but it makes all the difference. Good thing it's Conference weekend--that always seems to help. LOVE YOU!

Lisa said...

I know the feeling! It is a constant struggle for me. I'm just grateful I can look back on the experience we had with Ava to be reminded that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. My plan was definitely different because we would have 3 or 4 kids and not have gone through the adoption heartaches. That is why I am grateful Heavenly Father is in charge. I would not change my experiences or what I have learned. And I definitely would not trade having Ava for anything. I know being in the middle of the trial (waiting) stinks and nothing I say will take away the pain but remember Heavenly Father is mindful of you and what you need. During my darkest moments I have never felt alone or unloved. Thank goodness for the gospel and a strong testimony.

By the way it is good to vent and let it out. And if you need to talk let me know.

Veronica said...

Praying for you EmmaLee!