Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Growing Pains

Today Ezra went in for his 4 month check up. Crazy, I know. He is just under 25 inches long, and only weighs 13 pounds. He also got shots, three of them. He was crying before they gave them to him so it made them seem a little less traumatic to me (although I'm sure it wasn't that way for him). He fell asleep in the car and has been a super happy camper ever since. Ezra has been looking much more grown up, and I'm having a hard time with the fact that my baby is quickly becoming not so much a baby. He looks like a little boy now. It's fun to see him develop so much from day to day, but Bob and I recently had a conversation that went a little like this...

E: I don't want Ezra to grow up. I want him to stay my baby forever.
B: Don't you want him to go on a mission and get married, stuff like that?
E: No, our other kids can do that but Ezra has to stay my baby!

The one reason why I want him to get bigger is so that I can squeeze him harder. He is so stinkin' adorable that I could hug him to death if I didn't use self control. Despite my best wishes, he is growing and getting so smart. He is going to be so ready for his surgery in two weeks. Let's just hope that he will pack on some more weight between now and then.

The following pictures are from birth to four months. Each picture is relatively close to the respective birthdays. Enjoy and try to not get teary-eyed at how big he is getting. You will notice that like all old men he loses hair with age!

8 comments:

Em Russ said...

You just wait until he can hug you back. Oh, it's so sweet. I was thinking today about how I don't want Zack to grow up anymore. There must be something about little boys and their mamas...

Em Russ said...

p.s. I can't believe how much his gap has closed!! (and, I thought you might get a laugh at knowing that at her 4 month check up Lila weight almost 20 pounds. We had to move her out of her baby car seat because she was too heavy!)

Crystal said...

They grow so fast! You just can't even blink. Good luck with his surgery.

Kalia said...

Oh EmmaLee! Ezra is so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to meet him and squeeze him too! :)

Melenie said...

Aww, he's so cute. His gap has closed a lot. I don't want my baby to grow up either. Time goes way too fast with babies around.

Danika said...

Liesel is 1 today and our pediatrician told us she's officially a "toddler" and not a baby anymore. I just wanted to cry. She's still my baby! Ezra is still your baby! Heaven must be filled with babies!

Shannon & Lindsay said...

I just love the little wisdom lines on his forehead! They're adorable

DaynaDouble said...

His poor hair. I love the changes that Jett is going through. Don't get me wrong I would not mind if he stayed a baby but I love learning how to be a mommy.