Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ezra's backup crew

My Mom, Aunt Annie, and my little brother Josh (who got home from his mission the day before coming here) all came to help out with Ezra's surgery. We played games a lot. In the hospital, in the car, and into the late hours of the night. We played some of the worst rounds of pinochle I have ever seen, but I for one had a good time.

As Jolyn is demonstrating, we also did a lot of eating!
We did more than play games and cuddle a crying child though. We went out to Concord and Lexington, the Christmas Tree Shops, the Mt. Auburn Cemetery and hit up the Cranberry Harvest Festival.

Despite this picture I don't think either of them were 
thrilled to be shopping with the ladies! 
Bob has never been so grateful for school!


We saw this blue heron while we were at the cemetery.


I think somebody wants to be a farmer when they grow up!

Bob has dreamed of seeing the guys in waders 
ever since the Ocean Spray commercials.

Ezra in the middle of a dry cranberry bog.

In case you ever wondered, this is what the inside of a cranberry looks like.
Nothing was too exciting, but it was nice to be able to get out a little with Ezra. We were sad to see them go, but we were all in bed by 8:30 that night to try to catch a few extra zzzzz!

3 comments:

Anne said...

It's so nice to see that big smile of his and know that he's healing fast. We're so glad that he has such a great crew! Can't wait to see you all again.

the Bunker Family said...

I'm SO happy everything went well. I keep thinking about you guys. Jared said he got an email from Bob and when I asked how Ezra was he said, "I don't know, he didn't anything." Men. So good to see him smiling and so happy. That's so great that you had family come it town. I'm sure it was hard to see them go but looks like you packed a lot in. We miss you guys.

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

Seems to me that you guys are staying right on top of everything and that you are best friends with everyone in the hospital these days. Much props are deserved in your corner! I have to say...I know everyone always says that everyone's baby is so cute, but truly your little guy always looks so excited and interested in everything he seems completely awesome and totally adorable!!