Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crawls, Calls, and Canals!

I thought I would do a not so little post to show you how uneventful our lives have been the last little bit, before the blog becomes overwhelmed with family and surgery pictures.


Ezra is living it up with his bottles. 
He won't be able to have them after his surgery on Monday!
Ezra has started to crawl, sort of. He looks like an inch worm. He pulls himself forward while simultaneously bringing his knees under him and pushing his little booty in the air, then plops back down onto his belly to do it again. He can certainly get where he is going pretty fast when he wants to. He has been getting to play with his little friend Emily quite a bit lately and it is really fun to watch the two of them together.


I made Ezra this little drum set with old formula cans. 
He doesn't exactly get the drumming but loves them all the same.




He gets daily baths thanks to his helmet. 
He gets sooo excited when we start to take off his clothes. 
It is probably his favorite time of day!
I finally got a calling in the ward. I have been calling free since I had Ezra, and call me crazy, but I requested a calling in May. I finally got called to be the Beehive Advisor, and after teaching two Sundays they released me and called me to be the YW Secretary. I thought the Executive Secretary put it well when he said "It's a funny thing when callings come purely from inspiration rather than just needing to fill a spot." Basically the YW President just really felt like I needed to be the secretary and it wouldn't leave her alone, so here I am. I am enjoying having a calling that is involved and flexible. We have a great bunch you young women in our ward!


Sorry for the poor quality. I took it with my phone while being attacked!
Bob is half way done with my root canal! Yipee! I describe the process as long and boring, but I think Bob enjoys it a little more than me. I feel like Bob has done an exceptional job, especially considering this is the first procedure he has ever done on a real human. I know he is going to make a wonderful dentist soon. I am looking forward to him completing the process so that I don't have to be careful with my tooth anymore, and I'm sure he will be excited to be the first in his class to have a root canal under his belt.


We stopped by the train while we were at the mall. 
To say Ezra enjoyed it would be an understatement.



Getting in a little last minute playing before bed time!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love to see all the pictures of Ezra even if you think they are uneventful. We miss you guys so much that we are always eager to see any photos. Ezra still has the greatest smile and I just want to reach out and squeeze him.

It is exciting that Ezra is crawling. Ava is thinking about it. She just figured out how to get herself in a sitting position from her belly. She will get into the crawling position and rock back and forth before going to her belly and rolling like crazy. I bet at Christmas the two of them will be moving all around and causing lots of trouble.

Crystal said...

Looks like fun. I love that he loves his bottles...and tries to use them all at once. It is great!

DaynaDouble said...

What a cutie! I miss that little Ez. Way to be a very creative mom and make drums out of formula cans. I would have never thought of that ;) Jett loves his baths too and has the same whale tub. If I would let him I think he would stay in there all day. You gotta post a video of Ezra crawling. I gotta see the inch worm in action. Your mom is bringing a video of Jett crawling for you to enjoy. I want to get in a Marv's suitcase and come see you guys. Marv is still the same Marv. We had such a good time hanging out last night it felt like he never left. I have been really anxious to be back in our own house but with Marv home I think I would have enjoyed staying a bit longer, but we are moving home this weekend kitchen sink, bathtub, new floor or not. Good luck with surgery #3 if I don't talk to you before then. Loves!

Charmayne said...

So creative-making him a drum set, I love it!!! i may have to steal that idea for my daycare kids.
Ezra is such a cutie. I love it when they realize they are mobile. Hope your mouth is doing well and kudos to Bob. :)

Anne said...

Oh, boy! Crawling is the beginning of the end. Thank goodness Bob was able to do some serious baby proofing earlier because he will be getting into things that you would never have imagined. With that wiggly little guy you're never going to be able to turn your back on him.

Air Force Blues said...

Wow Emma Lee I love the drum set. What a cute idea. Now I wish I would have saved all those formula cans. Makena loves to beat the heck out of things. Maybe this would help. Ezra is such a cutie.

Nerissa said...

We hope everything went well with Ezra's surgery! We love you guys and can't wait for the update!!

Shannon & Lindsay said...

Sounds like the Bowlings are doing well!