Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Hair Cut



Last Thursday we cut Ezra's hair for the first time. Bob has been bothering me to do it for weeks, and I finally felt brave enough so we did it. It was really long, and stuck out way over his ears, even with his helmet on. I never thought I would be the kind of mom to get emotional over things like haircuts and the first day of school, but apparently I am. I didn't cry or anything (I hate crying and did not do it during any of his surgeries, so why do it over a hair cut?) but it has been hard to see yet another physical manifestation that my baby is quickly becoming no longer my baby. Luckily he still wears his helmet, so I don't have to be reminded too much. He is an adorable little guy though!



Bonus video: This is why Ezra is not walking just yet, he is too busy doing an Irish Jig every time he is standing!

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

I cried when we cut off all of Zack's curls the first time. I don't know why it's such a huge milestone. Maybe they are just less baby-like. I think Alex needs a haircut though and I don't think I would cry over his old man hair.

p.s. glad that table toy is getting put to good use!

Charmayne said...

Too cute~love his jig moves and he looks adorable with his new cut.

Kalia said...

EmmaLee, Ezra is just too cute!!! I loved watching him dance. You must have a day full of laughs with him. :)

Lisa said...

Get down Ezra! We love the dance moves! You and Ava will have to put on a show in December...she likes to move and groove too.

Personally I (Lisa) think it is okay to cry at the first haircut. Ava's hair is still filling in and I don't know if I will ever be able to cut it...good thing she's a girl. One of Ava's boy friends in our ward just got his baby curls cut off and it made me sad. Ezra looks good though and you guys did a great job.

Is that the laugh and learn table Ezra is dancing with? We are thinking about buying that for Christmas...what do you think about it?