Monday, November 16, 2009

Third generation?

Ever since he has had any degree of manual dexterity, Ezra has enjoyed exploring my mouth. He likes to scrape at my teeth and stares with some sort of fascination. Maybe it's just because I let him do an activity that would otherwise be taboo but I like to think he really does like teeth. His most recent development is that we can no longer brush our teeth in peace. If he sees EmmaLee or me brushing our teeth he wants his own tooth brush to "brush" his teeth with. We'll have to work on proper technique further down the road! What ever Ezra chooses to do for a career in many moons from now is fine by me, but I do have some bias and would say that dentistry makes a fine profession.

Performing an intra oral exam

7 comments:

Melenie said...

Random question of the day: Where did you get that play mat in the first picture? Is it for little cars?

Anne said...

Parker and Zoie really liked his waving while brushing technique. They were waving back.

EmmaLee said...

Mel,

The mat came from The Christmas Tree Shops and we also have a rug from IKEA. They are both for little cars. Good luck!

Charmayne said...

So cute...of course third generation!

Lisa said...

Love it!! Maybe Ezra can check out Ava's 2 teeth at Christmas time. Ava does love to play with our teeth too, so you have inpired me to give her a toothbrush and see what she will do.

Melenie said...

Ah too bad. I saw that rug at IKEA the other day, can't beat $14! Don't be too jealous, Adam only snuggles right before or after a nap.

DaynaDouble said...

Like father like cousin too?!? Jett showed interest months ago everytime he would see Brandon or I brushing our teeth so about 1 or 2 months ago I bought him his own brush and he loves it. It is the changing table entertainment toy and I am grateful for it ;)