Monday, November 30, 2009

The New England Aquarium

So it is basically a fact that to be a Bowling you have to enjoy the ocean (usually from underneath it rather than at it's shores), so we took Ezra to the NE Aquarium. It was really crowded when we went and not as big as I expected, so I am really glad we got discount passes from the library. Ezra got scared of some big ugly fish near the top of the big tank, and then preferred to have one of us holding him to look in the big tank! They had a lot of cool things though. My personal favorite was the sea horses, they also had a bunch of leafy sea dragons, some huge sea turtles and a really cool octopus that liked to show off. Due to the crowds I didn't get the greatest pictures but enjoy!

Ezra rode the Subway for the first time so we could save on parking!

They had some nice sea horses, this one is just a plain brown one.

The white looking thing is a leafy sea dragon.

This is the show off Octopus. Sorry about the blur!

Not that you can tell but that is the sea horse tank behind us!

3 comments:

Em Russ said...

I love the aquarium. The first time I went I was disappointed because it is so small. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, but if you have the library pass (so it's cheaper) it's a nice little half day activity and the kids all love it. We'll have to go again sometime when it's not so busy!

Lisa said...

Looks like fun! I'm jealous you got to see those big sea turtles. I also love the leafy sea dragons. I think they are my favorite part of the seahorse exhibit in Monterey. Are they seahorses??

Anne said...

Our aquarium is pretty small too but it's such a quiet peaceful place to be that we always go through it really slow. Those turtles were amazing! Our's are always asleep.