Friday, July 9, 2010

In other news...

I just wanted to do a little fun post in the midst of all our outings. When Ezra was being reassessed for physical therapy they asked me if he imitated domestic activities. I will show you a few pictures and you can decide if he passed or not.


Apparently talking on the phone is a domestic skill.

I don't know if this counts as imitating because I don't recall
ever standing in my frying pan while cooking.


Ezra with "Cookie" (Chrissy) his physical therapist on their last visit.

I also finished my first ever quilt made entirely by me. I picked a pretty complicated pattern, which mostly meant that it was time consuming. That at least is my excuse for getting it to Eli when he was over 4 months old and in the height of summer. I think Ezra will miss pointing out the airplanes, cars, stars and hearts on it. It was far from perfect, but I am happy with the result. I just need a break from such a big project for a while, for which Bob is happy.



Also I took Ezra along for a Young Women activity where we were volunteering at a local farm. We ended up pulling weeds in the pumpkin patch and Ezra even helped a little. He mostly sat in the dirt and ate rocks. He even got his own water bottle, so you can only imagine what a mess he was, and you will have to since I got no pictures of it. This picture ought to help those of you lacking imagination.

To be fair this was after we rinsed his shoes and my feet. 
Good thing kids are washable.

We also had our first tomato ripen, and Ezra promptly ate it after it was picked.

In case you were wondering, Ezra has been living in diapers due to the heat.
He only gets dressed if we go somewhere. Lucky!


And last but not least we went to the beach in South Boston with Allison and Emily. There were dead jellyfish (harmless) all over the beach, but we had fun anyways. At one point I heard a little boy say to his dad "I don't think we should play here, there are jellyfish everywhere and I could get electrocuted." As they headed down the beach a little further I heard him say "Yuck this one has been cut into pieces." That would be Ezra and Emily with their shovels. They thought it was so fun to hack at them and try to step on them. At least they had fun and we stayed cool despite record breaking heat.

You can see a plane coming if for a landing if you look close. 
We were fairly close to the airport and got to see a lot of them coming in.

4 comments:

sherrie said...

EmmaLee, you are so talented! Your quilt is amazing. Your tomatoes are impressive. Ezra is adorable as always--we miss him! (and you, too, of course!)

Cami Rivas said...

The whole time I was reading your post I was thinking: I wonder what my son will be like at that age?... :P So weird to think that I can think that! *haha* He's adorable, though! Hooray for blogs that let us keep in touch

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

That quilt is amazing! And he definitely passes, After seeing him stand in the pan and then look at the bath water, I am beinging to wonder what you are eating...I know I know different event :) So much fun.

Harris Family said...

These photos are so cute-the one of him in the frying pan is hilarious! That quilt you made is so amazing! You are amazing. I have plans to make a quilt by the end of the year! You'll have to share your pointers. I don't know anything about quilting.