Thursday, July 8, 2010

Newport, RI

For the last Saturday in June we took another day trip, this time to New Port. We had been there before with Anne and Craig, but were too late to get to tour a mansion. On this trip we made that the first thing we did. We toured The Breakers, which was owned by the Vanderbilts. As I am sure you can imagine it was incredibly elaborate with gold all over the ceilings and walls, and one room even had platinum on the walls and ceiling. (Sorry but there are no pictures of the inside because we weren't allowed to take any.) I just can't imagine wasting my money like that, but I guess I have never had billions to do so with.



Ezra quickly tired of the inside, but he loved their landscaping.

If you click on the picture you can see Bob chasing Ezra around.
Wouldn't you love a lawn that went all the way to the ocean like this?
The picture is taken about halfway down the lawn.

Ezra took a break in the shade, plopped down on the tree, and enjoyed some tomatoes.

We went for a little drive and found these HUGE kites. 
This isn't all of them, but that snake one was SO BIG.

Last time I stood on this rock I was barely visibly pregnant with Ezra.
See Below.


We went with the Blankenbergs again and had a good time. We hit up a Red Robin on our way home and discovered that they now have bottomless rootbeer floats. What a perfect ending to such a great day!

4 comments:

Melenie said...

Oh boy, I might have to plan a trip to Red Ribin now! That house is massive, I bet it's real gaudy.

sherrie said...

How fun to take advantage of being on the East Coast. You guys are so adventurous. Thanks for posting and giving us a glimpse.

Cami Rivas said...

I loved this post. :) It was great to see your little boy is so big already! And the east coast looks like a very pretty place. How fun! I'm glad you're enjoying it (Especially because in a month we'll have you back here on the west coast! :D )

Charmayne said...

I so wish we could have been able to come see you guys and see all that's out in your area. What an adventure it's been for you guys. Ezra is so cute!