Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Teddy Bears Have a Dream

So I'm sure that you all have noticed something with our blog, that my sister-in-law noted in one of her posts; our blog has become almost exclusively devoted to Ezra. It's a natural thing to happen when people have kids and it's probably what most of you want to hear about anyway. We created this blog to keep friends and family up to date with what is going on with us out here on the east coast so I thought I would give a formal update.

Before we had Ezra, EmmaLee had been considering going back to work part time. We decided that since he was going to be having surgeries that it would be better for her to stay home. Her work was kind enough to give her a leave of absence which keeps the door open for her in the future. She is enjoying staying home with Ezra quite a lot. Dental school is rolling along well. I just finished my second internship and am now getting back into classes. The big news is that I just found out that I passed my national board (NBDE part 1) exam!!! It's a big relief to have it done. This is my last semester of preclinical courses. In August I will begin seeing my own patients at the dental school. If anyone out here needs low cost dental care (and they have a lot of time on their hands) hit me up. The more patients the better. That's about it. It's a little sad that we can sum up what's going on with us in one paragraph but there you go. Spring is slowly (very slowly) starting to roll around here so hopefully we'll get out a little more and have some interesting things to post!

Since this post is pretty boring, I thought I would share this gem with you. EmmaLee and I got a box full of used kids books from a coworker. It has been quite nice and boosted up our Dr. Suess collection. We found that we really like "Fox in Socks." There were also some really special books in the lot. Our favorite definitely has to be "The Teddy Bears Have a Dream." We thought we would share it with you. Though this may be a copyright infringment, I doubt the publishers wasted time or money getting it copyrighted.

"It is a warm, moonlit night. The three little bears, Ragtime, Tatty Ted and BB are very sleepy. Tatty Ted looks up at the stars and starts to dream. Tatty Ted is dreaming of his cousin, Panda, with only one eye and leg. He thinks he would make a jolly good pirate....with a parrot for a friend. Now Tatty Ted dreams he is floating high up in the sky. He thinks dreaming is a funny thing as he passes his friends gently by. Suddenly BB joins him in his dream. He is surrounded by modern toys. 'I wish children would see,' he sadly says, 'that they cannot cuddle video games as much as they can cuddle me.' The bear in the moon is also sad. He hasn't got a friend. So Tatty Ted and BB say, 'When we dream again, we will come and play with you.'

That's it. Funny, but in a very weird way.

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

seriously...? you should read that one to Lila and see what she says!! :)

and congrats on your exam Bob!! That's awesome!

Shannon & Lindsay said...

Tatty lookes like he took a serious beat down

Lisa said...

Congrats on passing your 1st round of boards!! We know how great it must feel to have it done and to know you passed.

We enjoyed the bedtime story. I just read it to Rich and Ava. We especially like the Panda Pirate part. Rich really enjoyed the part about not being able to cuddle video games. Are there more photos?? I hope so because that is what really makes a good book.

Some of our favorite books are: Berstein Bears-Spooky Old Tree, Love You Forever, You are Special, Hungry Catipillar, any Dr. Seuss. I just realized I have too many favorites to name...I do have a children's book collection, so what do you expect. Enjoy reading to your baby boy...it is a special time.

DaynaDouble said...

Loved the story. It is random so I think that is you you Bowlings like it ;) Unfortunately Jett does not hear many kid stories he just listens to momma read her communication textbooks. We are skipping all the good stuff!