Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tribute

For those of you live around here or have been out to see Ezra know, these aren't the best smiles, they are only a tribute to his best smile.

I just wanted to post a few pictures in tribute to Ezra's little smile that we instantly fell in love with. Now that he's begun the process of transforming it, we will never get to enjoy his face as it once was. The truth is we have captured some good smiles. The video we posted last time just melts our hearts. We watch it at least a couple of times everyday. Hopefully more laughs are on the way. I'm sure you'll recognize some of the pictures but we had to post them again in honor of his old look.

Okay, I threw in a few just because he's cute.

Align CenterEverything went really well on Tuesday. Ezra is doing great. His pain medication seems to do the job and he is eating fairly well, not quite what he was before but certainly enough that there is no need to worry. The next step is scheduled for April 16th. They might do a partial lip repair or the entire lip repair depending on how things go with the Latham device. We'll certainly keep you posted. Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers in Ezra's behalf.


The Latham has a blue elastic band that goes across the front in addition to the screw mechanism

8 comments:

Libby said...

Yay! I'm SO glad he's doing well.

The picture in the diaper? With all the spiky hair? My absolute favorite.

Em Russ said...

I had a dream that I was watching him after his surgery and he was laughing and smiling at me. I didn't even notice that he had the thing in his mouth until I'd been holding him for a long time... Guess that means I've been thinking about him a lot. Glad he's doing ok!

Pace said...

Hope everything goes as planned. Good luck!

Charmayne said...

So happy to hear and see that all went well. I still just laugh everytime I see his picture because his little smile is so cute. His bright happy face just makes me feel happy.

Shannon & Lindsay said...

Such an adorable guy! And what a trooper! I hope everything goes well!

Yancy said...

so glad to hear that everything is going well.

thanks for sharing the story about Lippy the Lion in your previous post. It was really sweet.

DaynaDouble said...

I want to hold him so bad! Every time I see his precious face I cry and just want to hold him. Emm you are such I trooper I am so proud of you and love you ;) Keep smilin!

Nathan said...

How is Ezra?