Friday, July 10, 2009

My new diet!

The last week or so I have developed some kind of gagging problem. I have been unable to eat pretty much everything. I don't feel nauseated at all, I just start to gag when I eat. Monday all I really ate was some rice krispie treats and some chocolate milk. Tuesday I had a couple bites of cereal and some doughnuts. I ended up throwing up my dinner because I was gagging so much. Yesterday I ate an entire bowl of cereal and like 2/3 of a salad. Today I have pinpointed the problem, and I have been able to eat more. I just have to take really little bites and swallow the whole bite at once. If I still have food in my mouth when I swallow some I will start to gag. I eat my cereal in the morning like 4 cheerios at a time, with as little milk as possible on the spoon. The most annoying thing is that I have been starving. I make us have what sounds good to ME for dinner and then can't eat it. It is really annoying. I just hope it goes away soon. It really does help me with my portion control. Bob secretly wishes that he could have the same problem because as my portions go down his go up. If anyone knows a cure do tell. P.S. I'm not pregnant if that is what you are thinking!

4 comments:

sherrie said...

I love the countdown numbers! The end is in sight. Yeah! We are so excited and definitely hope you can eat more soon.

Grandma Bowling had a gagging problem later in her life. I remember she did not attend our wedding dinner because of it.

Sorry this isn't helpful. Your ability to look on the bright side is admirable. You're living the commandment to "Thank the Lord in all things." Perhaps the more thankful you are, the quicker it will end.

Tobler's said...

Most of my brothers, sisters, and my dad have this same problem. It has something to do with whenever they eat their esophagus tighten and makes them reflux. I would go in and just have them check it out! Sorry, I don't know if that was very helpful..

DaynaDouble said...

I was thinking you are pregnant. Are you sure?!? Did you pee on a stick? Anywho sorry you have been having these issues. I need to go on a diet maybe you could tell me your secret ;) Can't wait to see you!

Lisa said...

Rich said it sounds like a reflux issue. If you want to call him for advice feel free.