Friday, July 10, 2009

Who needs fireworks when you can have rain?

We spent our Independence Day weekend camping in Sharon,Vt. It was soooo good to be out of the house and I think Ezra enjoyed it even more than Bob and me.

For those of you who are lucky enough to not know, we have had rain something like 30 of the last 40 days. The weekend was no different. Bob and I opted for a little cabin because of the rain and the fact that it was Ezra's first time camping. We pushed the two bunk beds together so that Ezra had plenty of room to roll around. Despite all the rain we had a good time and Ezra was such a good baby. He was happy the whole 3 1/2 hour drive and was totally happy on his own while we set up camp. He slept really well and Bob and I were able to chill every evening while everyone else tried to get their kids settled. He really just loved being outside. He was even happy the whole way home. Fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts but lucky for us we were in Vermont and were allowed to have sparklers! Yipee! The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays and although I didn't spend the day sitting in the St. George heat playing games to save a place, I still had a good time. Bob and I even got to play a little volleyball. (It's been years since I've touched one.)

Ezra napping while the babysitters kept a close eye!

Chilling during clean up.

The recovery phase!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

FUN!! I admire you for taking Ezra camping because it seems like so much work to take a baby camping. Seeing your fun pictures makes me consider taking Ava camping. I especially like the last picture of Bob and Ezra recovering.

Crystal said...

I love camping! Looks like fun despite the rain.

DaynaDouble said...

Jett loves camping and being outdoors too! I am glad he was good for you on your weekend travels. I love when I have the good baby and other peoples are being bad ;) I just bought Jett the very same bucket hat for $3 @ WalMart lol!