Sunday, July 5, 2009

I hope he gets awesome hat hair!

I think that Bob and I have officially decided that we are going to get Ezra a helmet. Both our primary and secondary insurance cover helmets 100% so we shouldn't have to pay anything thankfully. It was a tough decision but we decided that getting the helmet was the best thing for Ezra in the long run. We don't want him to feel self conscious or be made fun of, plus he may go bald someday. It was supposed to be ready just before we went to visit family, but they have to do all sorts of paperwork for our secondary insurance, which pushed it back a few weeks. So it should be ready when we get back.

We practiced for Halloween while waiting for them to scan his head!

When we stopped by to get the prescription and see about insurance they said they could see Ezra that day but the wait would be an hour and a half. I didn't want to come back so Bob donated platelets (an hour and a half process) while we sat in the NOPCO office. They measured Ezra's head, scanned it, and had me pick a design for the helmet.
This is the print for his helmet (shown on a body brace).
It is called fly and drive blue!
It may not be the best, but certainly not the worst.

We still weren't 100% about doing it and we didn't realize that this step was going to get the ball rolling so quickly, but the sooner we start, the sooner it gets done. I think he is going to look pretty darn cute in it since he is so cute anyways.

12 comments:

Joy said...

Understandably a tough decision, but at least it's temporary and will be worth it after all. Kind of like the hardship of pregnancy, ya know? ;)

sherrie said...

You're right--he can't help but look cute in it.

Danika said...

For a minute I thought that WAS the helmet until I re-read and realized it's just the print for the helmet. I almost commented "NEVERMIND! If he has to wear that thing it's not worth it!"

Anne said...

v That kid will look cute in anything.

DaynaDouble said...

I love the picture of him with the mold bonnet on. Good choice on the racer blue design Soni's little girls was just clear so I did know there was a design option. I think him and Jett have some cuteness resemlance ;) Can't wait to see you. I have taken off work to spend the day with you on Tuesday. Hooray!

Crystal said...

I like the design you chose. I have only seen them in clear...

Charmayne said...

He will be adorable as he always is!

Melenie said...

I like the mold bonnet picture too. I see kids with helmets on all the time (it seems like they're always at Target for some reason). He sure is a cute little guy.

Brittany said...

Hey guys! I didn't realize that I've missed so many of your posts. I totally would have voted a "yes!" for the helmet. I think you made the right choice. It's like braces...it's stinks at the time but in the long run it's totally worth it and you'll never regret him having a perfect little head. Wish we could be there to see him in person when he gets it. We could have thrown him a little helmet warming party.

Nerissa said...

My cousin wore one for a while for the same reason! It was a little funny at first, but we got used to it very quickly. On the upside, it saved his head from the bumps and bruises typically associated with newly mobile children (walkers, crawlers, falling off the bed-ers, running into wall-ers, etc). On the downside, his head smelled like rotten cheese if my aunt forgot to wash it after being in the thing for 22 hours a day!

We cannot wait to meet him in a couple weeks in G-town!!! And seeing you guys will be a plus too! :D

Shannon & Lindsay said...

He's the kind of kid that will look adorable in anything!

Clint, Camber, Camdon, Carolina, Corbin, and Cordelia said...

I LOVE your kid! I think it was probably a good decision too (especially since your insurance covers it). He is an adorable kid and I really do miss you guys so much! I seriously want to plan a trip to Boston to see you and Allison (not to mention your adorable families). Have fun on your trip!