Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving and Bob's Birthday


I was a pretty slacker mom and didn't find him a "1st Thanksgiving" shirt
so this was my attempt to make up for it!
I'm pretty far behind in blogging, but I have to do these before I do Ezra's birthday. We had a great Thanksgiving. We went to the Chase's and Mindy had done an awesome job. The table looked great, the Turkey was amazing and I finally stuffed myself. (Last year I was too pregnant to make a big dent.) After dinner we headed to the Bowman's for dessert with some other families in the ward. It was really nice. I couldn't believe the mess Bob and I left at our house when all we did was make a few veggies.



Ezra didn't eat much on his own with the rest of us, 
so Bob helped him do a round two!



This picture is just to prove that Ezra does know how to make a mess when he eats.
This is his new favorite face to make. Especially when he is looking in the mirror.
Maybe he is trying to look like Grandpa Lundin with those squinty eyes.


Bob's birthday was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and he worked most of the day. I took some Key Lime Pie to his work for them to help him celebrate. He mostly wanted to enjoy his time with his family, so we just went out to dinner without Ezra so that they would still have time to play. We did get to catch the tail end of the BYU vs UofU game when we picked Ezra up. We won in overtime! It wasn't too exciting of a birthday for him I am sure, but we enjoyed just being together.


We were trying to prepare Ezra for his birthday by making him help Dad.



Apparently he hasn't learned how to fake excitement over lame presents. 
Hopefully Bob likes the new LDS Spanish Bible better than Ezra.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

These pictures are awesome!! The turkey headband is great and I wish I would of thought of it...maybe next year.

I think our favorite picture is of Ezra eating spaghetti. He looks great and he probably had a lot of fun. I still haven't been brave enough to let Ava just get down and dirty. She feeds herself most foods, but the dirty ones I "help" her with. I think for her birthday we are going to buy a suction bowl and just let her go for it.

Ava got really happy when we showed her pictures of Ezra so hopefully they will have fun at Christmas.

Sidenote- Have you guys tried the nestle quick chocolate milk? It is powder form and my brother use to love it.

the Bunker Family said...

I love the post. Too bad Ezra takes after his dad and not his dainty mom when it comes to eating. :o) Thanksgiving sounds like fun, I thought you were going to the Marbles? Oops, I wrote that on their Christmas card yesterday. Oh well. I sent one to the Quinn's and never even put the letter inside. I'm pretty sure when I sent yours it was more than just a blank envelope though...at least I hope so. How are you surviving without spacey friends like us?! Happy Birthday Bob and Ezra!