Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bathtime mayhem!



Last night we had quite an adventure trying to get Ezra into the bathtub. We had just gotten home from the ward Christmas party and decided that although it was past Ezra's bedtime he really needed a bath. I drew a bath and undressed Ezra. I pulled off his diaper just as I was reaching the bathtub and to my surprise there was poop. A lot of it. I tried to get as much of it as I could with the diaper and handed it to Bob. Bob handed me some toilet paper and I tried to do a good wipe. Just as I was telling him not to, Ezra peed all over me, and as I was trying to throw the t.p. away I totally hit Bob with it. We were all laughing so hard that Ezra started to get really excited and started to squirm out of my one arm hold.  In my effort to catch him I stuck my hand right on his poopy bottom. Bob went running for some wipes, but I just gave up and threw the kid in the tub. It was definitely the most exciting bath time we have ever experienced, and I for one hope it is the last of its kind.

These pictures are actually from our trip to Richmond (western Mass) last weekend. Ezra bathed in a big tub for the first time, and he bathed with a girl. He was soooo excited to not only be in the bath, but to have a friend in there with him. We enjoyed playing games and relaxing. Thanks to the Lazenbys and Celeste for letting us come. Thanks to the Van Dusens for the pictures. (We forgot our camera.)



3 comments:

Lisa said...

We are laughing so hard right now!! We had a similar experience last night after our ward party, but definitely not as crazy. At the end of Ava's bath just as Rich was getting her out she started to pooh. Fortunately it was just a little and then we got a diaper on the wet girl so she could finish her business. We hope we never experience the mayhem you did though. It was funny to read about but we don't need to live it.

Anne said...

For about 4 months Parker would poo in the bath at least twice a week. It drove Zoie insane. It sounds like it could've be worse.

Charmayne said...

Oh funny~I remember those days. We were puzzled the first time Marlee surprised us with rabbitt pellets in the bath tub. It's good laughs that's for sure.
I love your family Christmas picture. So cute!!!