Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Finished Product

As many of you know I have been working on a quiet book for Ezra for a few months. I got it mostly done for his birthday, but did the finishing touches tonight. I want to give a special thanks to my Mom, Annie, and Bob for their help (and patience) and to the Bunker and Russ quiet books for some inspiration! I know my Mom especially wanted to see how it turned out, so here it is....



The Prophets have velcro so you can remove and try to replace.
The flowers are buttoned on and can be mixed and matched.


You weave Joseph's clothes and there are animals in the ark.


The apples are magnetic and can be moved around.
You can untie Ammon's bag to find the arms he has collected.


Obviously you can put the armor on the man.
You lace baby Moses into the basket and the basket moves up and down the river.


Jonah, a finger puppet, goes inside the whale and it's mouth zips shut.
You connect the string from the map to the person that matches with snaps.


Pioneer board game


You can pick various eyes, noses, and mouths to make faces.
If you pick the mustache nose, the frowny mouth, 
and the scary eyes it looks like Hitler.
Bob made me change it for the picture. 
You can also redo the hair. (It's pipe cleaners.)
The note page is fairly self explanatory!



Likes:
-I can take the rings apart and give a few pages to each kid. Hopefully this will lessen the fighting.
-I can add more pages down the road if I feel so inspired.
-That it should entertain kids of various ages.
-Bob REALLY likes the Ammon arm page. Thank you Sandy for the idea, and Tina for the arms!
-That it is done.


Dislikes:
-The world page was so awesome in my head, but it just didn't work like I wanted. Not to mention that I made the most stupid mistakes on that page. Oh well!
-How often I didn't pay attention to what was on the page before I ironed stuff on. Hopefully it's not too noticeable.

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, Emmalee. This is far and away the best Quiet Book I have ever seen. And I have seen many a Quiet Books. Super impressive.

Melenie said...

Good job EmmaLee! The thought of making a quiet book makes me break out into a sweat. Very impressive!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nerissa said...

Oh my gosh Emmalee! That is so creative! Logan and I are completely impressed! That should keep Ezra and the rest of the future of the Bob/Emmalee Bowling clan busy!!

Kalia said...

You are awesome EmmaLee! I loved it. I think I'm going to have to make Nenji a little book of his own. :)

Rose said...

That is an amazing quiet book - your kids will treasure it - I love the book and I seriously am impressed with your fortitude I've attempted making a quiet book and given up both times!

Anne said...

That is amazing. I hope you plan on bringing it at Christmas so I can check it out. The arms just crack me up.

Charmayne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I WANT ONE~PLEASE!!! Did you come up with this on your own??? Totally impressive. I see a small business in your future! ;)

By the way~thanks for the Birthday card-I am such a slacker I never get them out to anyone.

Lisa said...

Wow...This is AWESOME!! These activities look like fun and would help Rich stay awake during Sacrament (does Bob have the Francis sleeping gene?). I really like the Ammon page too. I think Ava would like the flower buttons. You are one talented lady. I would love to check it out if you bring it for Christmas.

Charmayne said...

Oh my goodness-Do all the bowling men sleep through Sacrament??? Doug is the worst-he will even start to snore! Talk about embarasing. ;)

Cory And Natalia Lundin said...

Ohh I love those pictures and I really love your haircut!!!
hugs

Clint, Camber, Camdon, Carolina, Corbin, and Cordelia said...

Wow! I would totally love to do something like that! Maybe you will have to give me some detailed instructions.