Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ezra's First Birthday



I can't believe that Ezra is already one, but I'm sure all parents feel that way. He is such a great little boy and we are so lucky to have been blessed with him. We had prepared ourselves for a very rough first year, but were pleasantly surprised with an easy going and very funny little man! He has been such a trooper through it all. Not a day goes by that Bob and I don't mention how blessed we are, and how being parents is a thousand times better than we ever thought it would be (and we both thought it would be pretty great).



He pretty much just went at it with his finger. Not that messy, but not that bad.


I spent the day trying to get ready for his party, and trying to do all the things that he wanted to do. However most of the things that he wants to do are not allowed, birthday or not, and they are not conducive to having a clean house. That night we had a party with a few of our friends (more like our family away from family) on his birthday. Ezra is pretty lucky because he shares his birthday, not only with his Great Grandma, but also with the Russ twins across the street. I made them each their own little cake so they could all blow out candles together and a big one for the guests. I wanted the cakes to reflect things that Ezra really likes so his personal cake was supposed to look like a Signing Time DVD (it really is the only thing he will watch), and the big one had his favorite bird on top made out of Rice Krispies. I hope to get a video of him soon where he says "dee dee dee" in an attempt to tweet like the bird. Ezra was incredibly spoiled with some awesome presents and we had a good time. Thank you to everyone who sent cards, presents, and birthday wishes.


Abby and Zack turned three!
Zack's cake was my attempt at Spiderman.
Abby's cake had purple and red as requested and
I threw on some babies because I know she loves them.



Ezra opened his presents with a lot of help from the little guests!

After some modeling we opened the grand finale from
Grandma and Grandpa Bowling!

It was a big hit with all the kids and I think Ezra is going to love it.
A better picture to come later!

8 comments:

Tobler's said...

Wow...Great Job on those cakes. They are all awesome! What a fun birthday!!
Can't wait to hear him tweet like a bird! :)

Alicia said...

I am so impressed with the cakes you made - especially the rice krispie bird! I made some plain old rice krispie treats with Bella, Kobie & Lilly and just getting them from a blob to flat squares was challenge enough for me.

I also love being a parent. Those teenage years can be a challenge but look what wonderful adults you all are. The only thing more fun is being a grandma. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Anne said...

Those cakes are amazing. I can't believe he's already one. Give him a big (late) birthday hug from us. We can't wait to hear his tweet.

DaveandJessica said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! We can't wait to see you guys!!!

Charmayne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EZRA! I so love that I have a fellow Bowling family member in the month of December now. YEAH YOUR 1 ~ you are such a cutie!

the Bunker Family said...

Way to go on the cakes EmmaLee!! Very impressive! Sorry we missed the big event, that looked like a lot of fun. How blessed Ezra is to have such dedicated, loving parents who can throw quite a party I might add.

Kalia said...

Emm! You are so amazing! I LOVE it! (Remember when we made a wedding cake out of rice crispy?) I can't believe your little Ezra is 1 already! Craziness. I love the pictures too. He is growing up to be such a handsome little man! :)

Lisa said...

I almost started tearing up just reading this. I can't believe Ezra is one and Ava is not far behind him. This past year has gone by so fast!! It is fun to watch them grow up, but hard to know they are not our little babies anymore!

I love your cakes! The bird is awesome! I'm pretty excited to see Ava demolish her birthday cake.

We can't wait to see you guys. It will be fun watching Ava and Ezra talk to each other. We think Ava is saying "button". She really likes buttons and kept saying something like "bootah" over and over again. When we point to a button or say button that is what she says. We will have to work on her tweeting though.