Friday, December 18, 2009

Unposted Random Happenings

I feel like there have been a lot of pictures/things that I wanted to post this month and haven't so enjoy them all now!

Ezra has been attending a music class the last couple of months, and although he was a little young he loved it. The last class was the day before his birthday. We were a bit sad to see them end because he was just starting to get really into it!


We put up our Christmas tree and Ezra has been so good with it. I was worried that he would pull it over, but since the ornaments are out of reach he usually leaves it alone.


Ezra got for real sick for the first time in his life this week. He had fevers for a few days, runny nose and a cough. The nice part was that he wanted to be held all the time, and he would just lay on me while we watched signing time. (That is very much not him, he is not a snuggler, so I really enjoyed it.)

One of the down sides was that his appetite went from leaving him looking like he does below to basically only bottles for a few days. (So much for weaning from the bottle, I guess we will save it until after the flights we have coming up.)


I got my haircut this week and it is more stylish than I usually cut my hair. The plus side is that it is short and thinned enough that doing my hair with its natural curl has become soooo easy. Now you will all see me with my hair done a lot more, no more ponytails and braids.


Ezra and I started packing early for our trip to California. We didn't want to forget anything, but mostly we are just really excited.


Ezra had couple of doctor appointments this month. The most exciting one being that he is done with his helmet. His head is not perfect, but definitely better and we are happy with the result. (They said that we could keep it on longer, but that it would take a while for us to see more results.)



His other doctor appointment was his one year check up. He weighed 20 lbs. 7 oz. and was 31.2 inches long. Which is the 25th and 90th percentiles respectively. He got four shots given by 2 nurses in rapid succession, which he did not like. We were all excited to get to see Dr. Potee again. She is the BEST DOCTOR EVER. I really want to talk her into moving to Gridley with us.

Here are a few things Ezra can do at 12 months:
-He crawls a lot, climbs and cruises on furniture a little, and enjoys walking if you hold his hands.
-He likes to help unload the dishwasher (whether the dishes are clean or not) and "fold" laundry.
-He likes to wave. He signs "more" and "all done" regularly. He has even said "all done" a few times (not what we expected his first words to be).
-He still loves to watch Signing Time and basically nothing else.
-Can point to the eyes and nose of his stuffed animals when requested.
-He has a great sense of humor and loves to make us laugh.
-Still loves anything that plays music and lights up.
-Still does not call us Mom or Dad or any variation of those names.
-He loves to hand you things so that you will say "Thank you" and sometimes he will even kind of say it himself.
-He loves to sing along to songs, especially the intro's to songs when no one else is singing.

Bob likes to help Ezra relax and calm down for bed time, so after his bath this is what they usually do:

7 comments:

Anne said...

We can't wait until we get to see you guys. Ezra and Ava are at such a fun age right now. I am also completely entranced by his laugh.

Charmayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charmayne said...

Love the giggles! Doug still does this with the kids at bedtime. Tickling them and getting them all laughing to death. I love hearing it. The smiles on their faces afterwards are so priceless.

I really like your hair Emmalee. I can never do mine like my Hair stylist does but when she does it it looks just like your. Well, with bangs. :) Anyways, you look great.

Lisa said...

Love all the photos. Seeing Ezra in the suitcase made us so excited. We can't wait to see you guys!

I like your hair. It looks nice, but is there anything wrong with a ponytail? That's about all I do now, so I guess I will have to get with the times or be the ugly sister-in-law.

Kalia said...

Hey Emm!
Are you guys in California? We are visiting, so if you are I'd love to meet up with you! Let me know, just email me. I've still got the same email address!

DaynaDouble said...

Hi Em,
I have not commented for a while on your posts mostly because I have less time on my hands and more things going on at work which is where I used to Blog-hop. I love the random post and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair cut. It gives your face a good lift ;) I too am sad you will not be here for Christmas, but maybe next year...I can still not believe I am about to have another baby and that my Jett will be 1 year old tomorrow. Crazy how the time flies. Gotta love those dads that "calm the baby down" before bedtime. Brandon loves that he is Jett's favorite and cuddles him to bed every night much to my dismay. I am afraid he is spoiling him. I think it is just a forecast of what our future parenting trends will be. I the disciplinarian and Brandon the softy. On the bottle weaning subject Jett is almost totally done with it. This weekend he only had one a day and that was because I was worried he was not getting enough to drink so I gave in and gave him one. I am jealous of the Cali fam that they get to see you and we do not, but what can you do?!? Loves and Merry Christmas. Miss ya tons!

Deidre said...

Glad to find you in cyberspace! We'll all get together in the spring. Hope you had a wonderful holiday in California. Happy New Year!